Recipe from Karen Kowallis
1/2 small onion, chopped finely
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cooked, shredded
1 1/2 c salsa
4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, cubed
1 tsp ground cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbs chopped green chilies, drained
1 tsp jalapeno juice
1/2 cup shredded cheese blend
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
8 flour tortillas
Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil in skillet on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add chicken, 1/4 c salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin. Mix well. Cook until heated through stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and green chilies. Mix well.
Spoon into tortillas. Roll up. Place seams down in 12x8 baking dish. Top with salsa and cheese. Bake 15-20 min or until heated through.
Michelle's notes: I boil the chicken in water and then shred it. I like to use fresh cilantro instead of dried. I don't like to put the remaining salsa on my enchilada's (Paul likes it) but I do put cheese. I don't like it as leftovers because the tortillas get soggy.
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment